Small Yard Landscape Ideas
Small yard landscaping is a matter of proportions. It usually consists of using less plants overall, plus more diminutive palms and trees.
A well thought-out plan can create a big impact on a small scale. Here are collections of South Florida plants to do just that.
These groupings are based on a one-story house, which is more common here. But fior a two-story you can simply substitute somewhat taller accents or specimen plants. All are for full to part sun unless noted.
1. Snowbush - accent
2. Hibiscus - accent
3. Japanese fern tree
4. Society garlic - border, groundcover
5. Juniper - foundation, groundcover
6. Ann Marie lantana - border, accent, groundcover
7. Indian hawthorne - foundation
8. Nora Grant ixora - accent
9. Viburnum odoratissimum - hedge
As always, you can choose plants from other collections to customize your own design. And you can add more things if you have the space.