Small Yard Landscape Design
Are you thinking about hiring a landscaping company, but have no idea what it’ll cost? Let’s take a look at what you should budget for your project.
One of the most common questions we get is from homeowners who aren’t sure how much they should set aside for their landscaping design or installation. Many people have never hired a contractor for one of these services before. If that’s you, then you’re probably wondering how much landscaping costs.
The answer…well, it depends.
Sorry! I know that’s not very helpful, but I promise I’ll get to some specific numbers in a moment. What I want to preface all of this information with is the fact that landscaping prices can vary dramatically.
For landscape installations, the prices will depend on many factors. For example:
- The scope of the project.
- How intricate the plantings are.
- The size and materials used for patios, walkways, and retaining walls.
- The varying costs of specific plants and mulches.
- The size of the landscape.
- Additional features such as rainwater catchment, greywater systems, benches, planter beds, etc.
- The Landscaper’s labor rate and overhead expenses.
- The landscaper’s expertise and construction methods.
- The landscaper’s efficiency.
- Added value provided by the landscaper such as follow up visits, additional consultations, and landscape care training.
Those are just a few of the factors that will influence the final price of your landscaping project. When getting estimates or bids for your project, keep in mind that the more information the landscaper has about your specific needs, the more accurate they will be when presenting the job cost to you.